[Xen-users] Xen Newbie: Full Virtualization Kernel Panics / Pauses

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Newbie: Full Virtualization Kernel Panics / Pauses
From: "Karl Katzke" <kkatzke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:55:17 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:56:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Howdy!

I'm a newbie to Xen and SUSE. I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 on an Intel
Centrino Duo with virtualization enabled in the BIOS.

When I use vm-install to install an image, select "other operating
system" and full virtualization and attempt to run an install with an
ISO of OpenBSD or Debian Gutsy Gibbon, I'm getting a kernel panic (with
OpenBSD) and a hang at "ISOLINUX" for Gutsy Gibbon.

Installing OpenSUSE 10.3 in Paravirtualization works just fine.

Logs indicate with the Gutsy Gibbon load that it's hanging at vtpm.
xend-debug.log states "cat: /etc/xen/vtpm.db: No such file or
directory".

I'm too n00b to know if this is a bug or not, but it seems like this
should work. Any ideas on what I've missed?

Thanks,
Karl Katzke