AW: [Xen-users] Xen with LVM

To: "IDAGroup - R.W.Muller" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: [Xen-users] Xen with LVM
From: "Martin Mrvka" <mmrvka@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:12:51 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:48:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi robin,

your disk image is not a partition which can be mounted directly. Actually it
holds the complete disk structure including the lvm.

I also ran into the same problem and found no other solution than getting help
from vmware.

Take a look at this article:
http://thalreit.dyndns.org/twiki/bin/view/UsingUNIX/RecoveryWithVmware#Mount_virtual_disk_image

1) you need to get the vmware-loop command which can be obtained by the free
vmware server
2) you need a kernel which supports nbd (centos5 does)

Cheers,

Martin