Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible to fence (restart) a Xen guest OS?

Thanks,

I am looking into two applications.

1. HA-Apache where I want to use Apache for serving static content as well
as using its sticky session routing to load balance between Tomcat/Jboss
instances. My goal was to be able to install Tomcat/JBOSS in a non
virtualised manner and locate Apache Httpd in a virtual cluster. The hope
was that there was a fencing module that would allow just the virtual
instances to be rebooted independent of the physical machines.

2. Also looking at HA-MySQL cluster.

We will be most likely using Red Hat Enterprise Advanced 5.0

I am new to Xen as well as Red Hat and am trying to get my hands around what
is really supported. I am also interested into what capabilities are
provided to support monitoring of application instances. Is monitoring at a
very high level (process failure) or are there more sophisticated extensions
that allow one to monitor CPU usage or user developed extension to query
health of the clustered application? Sorry for my lack of knowledge in these
areas. Trying to come up to speed as fast as possible.

-Mike