Re: [Xen-users] Local network between two DomUs without a Bridge

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Local network between two DomUs without a Bridge
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:48:16 +0100
Cc: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 08:50:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 02:02:00AM +0200, Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:
> > Is there a way to connect two DomU on the same real Host
> > without using a bridge.
> >
> > Figurativly speaking I'm looking for a cross-over-cable for two DomU.

There's not "virtual crossover" at the moment.  There have been plans for a
direct domU-domU link for a while now for reasons of flexibility and
performance - but nobody has actually implemented it so far.

The easiest way to do what you describe is to create a second bridge in dom0,
then give the two domUs network interfaces on it.  DomUs can have more than
one vif, so you can still give them access to br0 if you want.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!