Re: [Xen-users] Configuring a local bridge

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 05:04:22PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:47:00PM +0100, Geoff Kirk wrote:
> > Have you got this enabled?
> > echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Yes. I even checked it, and it really is there!

> Right, you need this and probably also:
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

That seems to come automagically when the vm is started. But I am adding
it in my firewall script all the same, except that I do not limit with
-o eth0, but with -s 10.0.0.0/8. I'll try the -o instead.

> Don't forgot to deactivate your firewall during the test to ensure it's
> not a wrong firewall configuration which prevents you from accessing the
> internet.

Yes, I try that every now and then. Not too long, as the box is on the
big, bad internet...

Thanks for your help!

-H

--
Heikki Levanto    heikki at indexdata dot dk   "In Murphy We Turst"