Re: [Xen-users] Backup DomU volumes

To: Pavel Georgiev <pavel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Backup DomU volumes
From: Marc Patino Gómez <mpatino@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:19:40 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:19:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Pavel,

Please read LVM Howto for understanding howto LVM snapshots works

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/snapshots_backup.html

making a snapshot is quite easy & quickly, making the backup (rsync, tar, bacula,....) isn't quickly :( and its the most horrible part in the sysadmin life...

Regards,

Marc

Pavel Georgiev wrote:
Sounds about right, except that it will probably take too much time to make snapshots of 270GB volumes. How long would that take and how much space would it require.