[Xen-users] Xenserver 4.0.1 running SCO Flavors

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xenserver 4.0.1 running SCO Flavors
From: "Puttur, Kiran" <kiran.puttur@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:02:07 -0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:03:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Xenusers,

I am trying to move all my SCO Machines running OpenServer 6.0.0, OpenServer 5.0.7,  UnixWare 7.1.4 to a Xenserver VM. As first step

I installed Xenserver 4.0.1  on a brand new HP ML370G5 box running Intel Xeon 5300 processor with Intel VT support. After installation I created

New VM from Xencenter by choosing -> New VM and then chose -> Other Install Media  in Templates and then went on to add 1 CPU / 256 MB memory

With 4GB of Virtual Hard Disk. After creating the VM, I tried booting the VM Using OpenServer 6.0.0, OpenServer 5.0.7, UnixWare 7.1.4 Installation Media

Looks like none of the media seems to be recognized by the VM.   The console displays a  following message

Processor 1 : XenSource ®  Virtual CPU

XS Virtual IDE Controller                Hard Drive (4608MB)

Unknown Device

Unknown Device

XS Virtual ATAPI – 4                     CD-Rom/DVD-Rom

Boot device : CD-ROM – success

But VM just hangs here without giving any further message, I tried booting to Windows, Linux (Red Hat) CD’s they all seems to work fine.

I know for the fact that SCO Versions does not run on XenServer as VM, or rather there is no support  announced for SCO Flavors

 but I would like to know why the SCO Image in the CD does not boot?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kiran Puttur.