Re: [Xen-users] Do I need a xenU initrd image?

To: Cam Macdonell <cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Do I need a xenU initrd image?
From: Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 04:20:44 +0200
Cc: Xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:21:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cam Macdonell <cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just created a Xen domU using http to install over the network.  How
> do I now restart the domU and use the installed OS?  I gather I need a
> initrd image to boot my guest.  I've found bits and pieces of answers
> to my question referring to mkinitrd, but none seem to work.
>
> I am running Scientific Linux 5.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cam

You can build a kernel that doesn't need any initrd and I always do
that.

Or you mount teh filesystem of the domain somewhere in dom0 and look
in /boot/ for the initrd it created there during install. If your
distribution has any worth you find it there. Otherwise you are
probably on your own.

MfG
        Goswin