Re: [Xen-users] Re: testing VMware inside an HVM

To: bigfoot29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: testing VMware inside an HVM
From: Scott Serr <serrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:22:24 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:23:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bigfoot29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi there.

I can confirm that VMWare runs if you launch it within a Win2k3-Session.
The GSX-Server isn't all that fast (well, it never really is under
Windows), but its working. So if you want to give it a try, this might be
a possible solution.

Regards, Bigfoot29
Or possibly you are running Win2003 in an HVM and running VMware ontop of that? Still, I would like to know what VMware product and version number will run inside an HVM.

I've now tried VMplayer 2.0.1 and VMware 6.0.1... on an HVM running CentOS 4.5. I set the VMware Guest Operating System to Microsoft Windows Server 2003. No go.

If you have something that has worked... I'd sure like to do the same. Even if it is running Windows2003 as a VMware host...

Thanks,
Scott