[Xen-users] xm console/vnc HVM problems

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xm console/vnc HVM problems
From: "Hu Jia Yi" <jyhu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:49:16 +0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:50:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I installed and ran a winxp HVM using virt-manager successfully.
Now I tried to run it using xm command line but encountered a few
problems.

The procedure is as follows.
When I ran "xm start winxp" without the -p, the winxp domain should be
running. But the info in virt-manager showed it being paused. Then I
pressed "Ctrl + C" so that I could key-in next command "xm unpause
winxp". After this unpause command, the winxp was running without any
domain console coming out. So I input "xm console winxp", nothing
happened. I already enable vnc=1 and vncconsole=1.

My questions are:
1. Why the domain would pause even when I hadn't tell it to pause?
2. When I input a command such as "xm start winxp", I cannot input any
other command untill I press "Ctrl + C", is it normal or should I
reconfigure something?
3. How can I see the domain console after I start running it?

Best regards,
Hu Jia Yi
Ext: 20430
Tel: 65-67510430