Re: [Xen-users] Copy on write Disk Images

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Copy on write Disk Images
From: "Michael T. Babcock" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:39:21 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:03:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Harney wrote:
If anyone has ever configured something like this,  I'd be interested in any
notes or opinions you can provide about this kind of configuration, or
possibilities for entirely different setups which do the same thing.

I haven't done it personally, but you could try using LVM's snapshot feature to create one or several disk images based on a single original image whose changes would be stored in the snapshot storage. You'd want to make sure you had enough room for the storage of all changes of course.

--
Michael T. Babcock
http://mikebabcock.ca