[Xen-users] Installing my first XEN paravm

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Installing my first XEN paravm
From: <natrbrazell@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:12:29 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:13:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've searched high and low and can't find any reference to this problem so it
means 1 of 2 things.  It's so painfully obvious that no one else needs to ask
or 2, I am the only person using this version of the software.  I think
probably the former rather than the latter.

I am running a Dell laptop with Fedora Core 6.
I installed the xen packages
xen-3.0.3-9.fc6
xen-libs-3.0.3-9.fc6
kernel-xen-2.6.20-1.3001.fc6
per one of the zillion install faqs.  I additionally installed the
kernel-xen-devel package for some later testing etc.

Everything is cool.  machine boots xm list shows Domain-0 running.

To the heart of the matter.  I try and install a new machine and when I get to
the location of the necessary files I use nfs as follows.

nfs:nfssvr:/var/ftp/pub/repo/4ES/install/i386/

as my rhel 4 installation source.  The error I get back is that there is an
invalid install location.  This is the root of my rhel4 installation. I also
have a WS tree in 4WS and 3WS and fedora core 6 in FC6 on the same nfs server.
 I use these in my kickstart files for all of our OS loads and they all work
fine.  When I look at the nfssvr /var/log/messages file, I see that my nfs
authentications are working properly.  What is missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

natrbrazell