Re: [Xen-users] Re: Setup WinXP with HVM and qemu image

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Setup WinXP with HVM and qemu image
From: Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:53:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:38:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A very late follow-up on this old thread of mine (about a qemu-created WinXP
setup that won't boot in Xen HVM) for those who might get stuck in a similar
situation.

Because I couldn't get it to work properly in Xen, I returned to qemu and
continued to work with Qemu. After a few issues there, I finally discovered
that my WinXP installation (and my qemu configuration) both were setup using
acpi. I disabled acpi in WinXP and qemu, and my problems went away.

I didn't have time yet to try the same thing in xen, but I'm pretty sure this
acpi thing was causing the original failure.

To all that offered advice and suggestions: thanks and sorry for the wrong
starting information.

Regards,

Geert

--