Re: [Xen-users] Error while reading source midia

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error while reading source midia
From: Dave Parker <dlparker@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:43:53 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:45:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I haven't figured this one out either.  Same with CentOS 5.0.  It'll
boot from the media, but then it can't find it when it looks for the
install source.  Rather than try to debug it I just copy the iso image
to either an NFS server or another partition on a hard drive on the
same physical server.  I think it relates to IDE install media and SATA
targets, at least that's where it's always happened to me.

On Monday 27 August 2007, Artur Baruchi wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I was installing Red Hat Fedora Core 7 as a guest system (Full
> Virtualization) but when for some reason Fedora isnt recognizing my
> install source midia, Fedora give me some choices to install (like
> HTTP, FTP, etc.. includind CDROM), but when I select CDROM it doesnt
> work...
>
> Well... Im sending some information about my system..
>
> DOMAIN 0: Fedora Core 7 - 64 bits
> XEN: xen-3.1.0-2.fc7
> VIRT MANAGER: virt-manager-0.4.0-2.fc7
> LIBVIRT: libvirt-0.3.1-2.fc7
>
> GUEST: Fedora Core 7
>
> If someone can help me with this... I appreciate..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Att.
> Artur Baruchi

Dave Parker        dlparker@xxxxxxxxxx         www.dlpinc.com
300 West Armour Blvd. #105    Kansas City, MO 64111-2039  USA
voice:816-421-4640   fax:816-421-4590   wireless:816-405-3762