[Xen-users] adding logical volumes to be used by domU

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] adding logical volumes to be used by domU
From: "Vasko Cacanoski" <Vasko.Cacanoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:53:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 04:52:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi xen-community,

My domU is installed on logical volume on dom0. I followed the instructuions from:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2006-November/msg00257.html

In the configuration file in /etc/xen I have the following:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/volgr_temp/data_temp,xvda,w','phy:/dev/volgr_temp/swap_temp,xvdb,w']

The second LV is swap partition that is used by domU, and the OS is installed as single partition of the other LV. This configuration is working fine.

I am testing scenario when more disk space will be needed by domU. My idea was to create third LV and to add it as third disk to the domU. That’s why I use:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/volgr_temp/data_temp,xvda,w','phy:/dev/volgr_temp/swap_temp,xvdb,w', 'phy:/dev/volgr_temp/data_temp_part2,xvdc,w']

The domU won’t start reporting:

Error: destroyDevice() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

In the xen log files I can not find anything useful.

Additional question, why, when logged on domU, with “fdisk /dev/xvda” I see no partitions at all?

Regards,

Vasko Cacanoski