[Xen-users] annoying network problem

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] annoying network problem
From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:58:55 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:59:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

We are having an issue with XEN network where by after some time of the server being booted we start seeing these messages in the syslog

kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: peth0: transmit timed out

then all networking stops responding and the only way to solve it is to reboot the server.

I have looked up and down on the web and some have mentioned putting pci=noacpi in the grub boot file but this has no affect.

The network card is Compaq Computer Corporation Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI

Has anyone got any suggestion or work arounds for this?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Ian