[Xen-users] Migration problems (not live)

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Migration problems (not live)
From: "Vasko Cacanoski" <Vasko.Cacanoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:15:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 06:11:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

When migrating (not live) a domain from one dom-0 to another dom-0, the migration fails. On the destination dom-0, with xm list, I can see the domain that should have been migrated, but neither its files have moved from one host to another, nor can I login with xm console.

The OS of the source dom-0 is RedHat 5.0, the destination OS dom-0 is CentOS 5.0. Can this be the problem?

Both servers are in the same network. As written in previous posts I have changed few lines in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp on the destination dom-0:

(xend-relocation-server yes)

(xend-relocation-port 8002)

(xend-relocation-hosts-allow 'ip.address.of.soruce my.domain')

The dom-X is file-backed VBD.

Since this in not live migration, there is no disk visible to both domain-0s.

In /var/log/xen/xend.log I can’t find hint of what is the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vasko