Re: [Xen-users] XEN: configuration challenge

First, thank you Dominique for your answer.

> > The situation is: I want to have several physical machines, each running
> > several virtual machines. Let's see on the example:
> > Phys. machine A VMs: A.dom0, A.VM1, A.VM2, ... A.VMx
> > Phys. machine B VMs: B.dom0, B.VM1, B.VM2, ... B.VMy
> >
> > Requirements:
> > 1. All data sent from A.VMi and destined anywhere I want to see in A.dom0
> > and using iptables and DNAT change their destination. Similarly to data
> > sent from B.VMj---their destination should be changed by B.dom0.
>
> For this, you need a setup with routing.
> In pure bridge mode, you can't have DNAT applied.

Why DNAT can't be applied in bridged mode? As far as I know there is a
possibility to be able to have packets in iptables visible (and be able to
apply their rules to them). Or is there any other problem I do not know?

And are there any (network) performance losses when using Xen in routed
mode compared to Xen in bridged mode?

Thank you in advance!
Tom.

      ---  "Nikdy neni tak spatne, aby nemohlo byt jeste hur!"  ---