Re: [Xen-users] IP blocking

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] IP blocking
From: shacky <shacky83@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 15:25:31 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 06:23:13 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=IZEF49X46ccBt1ZEA5PU74+Nofz5lqpOWX5c6//75+pAmpH1dyVN6OtnXUkQZc6E6vi6ASxAeIsvBrL2GWzOqtuldH7y7Ylfn+FiHu6n3s2OTZGtsdDLgbO0JBdq9ypaYpAReYDDKIekru0iw/CbH+mgz1MOuezgiAK6CvUvM5Q=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> This ensures that all traffic to/from the guest passes through the iptables
> rules in Dom0. You can then filter traffic from individual vifN.M interfaces
> associated with the guest to make sure its only sending data with the valid
> predefined IP address and MAC address you gave it.

Ok, thank you!
To setup the iptables rules I have to know the name of the virtual
interface connected to the domU I created. The name of the virtual
interface is <ID:number> where ID is the ID of the domU and number is
the number of the network interface starting from 0.

I wish to create a script that install my domU from A to Z:
- create the LVM partitions
- uncompress my pre-created images in the partitions
- configure the main configuration files of the new domU
- configure iptables to lock the network usage

How I can make this script to know the name of the new virtual
interface to setup the iptables tules for the new domU?