[Xen-users] Error: Device 0 not connected, waiting for vif2.0 to become

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Error: Device 0 not connected, waiting for vif2.0 to become free. Usage count = 18236
From: dalegribble <itsrainingben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:05:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I try to run xm shutdown, I get the following error messages.  At this
point, I am unable to perform any operations in dom0, and must reboot the
server.  I currently have the network information for each domU (2)
configured in the sxp file as well as the interfaces file of the domU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error: Device 0 not connected
Usage: xm list [options] [Domain, ...]

List information about all/some domains.
  -l, --long                     Output all VM details in SXP
  --label                        Include security labels

root@ben1-desktop:/etc/xen# xm list
Error: Device 0 not connected
Usage: xm list [options] [Domain, ...]

List information about all/some domains.
  -l, --long                     Output all VM details in SXP
  --label                        Include security labels

root@ben1-desktop:/etc/xen#
Message from syslogd@ben1-desktop at Mon Jul 16 19:31:59 2007 ...
ben1-desktop kernel: [82878.270011] unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif2.0
to become free. Usage count = 18236