[Xen-users] Xen only showing 16GB of ram out of 28GB

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen only showing 16GB of ram out of 28GB
From: thewird <thewird@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 03:22:17 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:20:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I installed FC6 and FC7 and the limit exists on both even though FC7
was supposed to be using a 64bit hypervisor which supports 32bit guests
(which isn't the case). After various linux installs (including CentOS)
and different configs (even replacing the hypervisor with its 64bit
counterpart) I wasn't able to get a system showing all 28GB of ram AND
work with 32bit guests.

Out of desperation I bought "Virtualization with Xen" on Amazon for
more insight. Although the book isn't too helpful since at least half
of it if not more, is advertising the commercial XenSource (why would I
buy an expensive Xen book if I wanted to use the newb commercial
software?) I was able to figure out how to install the latest version
of Xen 3.1 from source. I got it to boot perfectly and was expecting to
see all of my 28GB of ram when I ran top but to my dismay it only
showed 16GB once again...

Can someone please help me and tell me what am I doing wrong. Or am I
going about this the wrong way? Basically I want to see all of my 28GB
of ram and run 32bit guests. I read everywhere this can be done but it
never works. Thank you to anyone who can help me solve this. If money
is the problem, please say so and that can be arranged.

Marco Jorge