RE: [Xen-users] Creating linux guest filesystem

Mats,

> Is this for para-virtual or HVM domain?

para-virtual

> If you are using it as PV-domain storage, then you need to create a
> file-system and copy in the files to build a linux infrastructure on the
> disk. There are tools around to do that. "debootstrap" is one of those
> (it works for Debian-like distributions). Redhat/Fedora uses
> "virt-install" fo the same purpose (but it's only able to install off a
> network source accoreding to the docs I found in a quick search). You
> may want to google these things.

I tried virt-install, but doesnt work. I suspect this is due to the fact that
I didn't use the rpm's.

If I wanted to create a basic filesystem based on PV storage, besides creating
the logical volume and filesystem itself, how can I create the linux direcotry
infrastructure?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rob