[Xen-users] documentation for Xen networking

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] documentation for Xen networking
From: Chris Stromsoe <cbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:22:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is there better documentation for Xen networking than what's in the manual at http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html ?

I'm having some difficulty finding any reference material that doesn't ultimately end up with "use the Xen scripts to do all the magic". The scripts unfortuantely raise more questions for me than they answer.

I've got a machine with two interfaces (eth0 and eth1). Each interface connects to a different router, both of which provide a common gateway via HSRP. The two interfaces on the server are bonded together (bond0). The interfaces are trunk ports. I want to bond both interfaces using mode=active-backup, then create vlans off the bond, then bridge the bond.vlan interfaces to the guests that should be part of a particular vlan.

I've been playing around with this by hand using "network-dummy" and creating everything by hand. I'm at the point where I have bonded interfaces bridged and talking to guests, but I'm stuck now trying to get vlans off the bonded interface working.

Anyway, has anybody already done this (or something similar)? Is there better documentation for how everything gets created? Are there examples some place that aren't the scripts in /etc/xen/scripts?

Thanks.

-Chris