RE: [Xen-users] Can one domU use two bridges?

To: "Yi Wang" <wymail@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Can one domU use two bridges?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:12:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:11:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sure, you can connect two different NIC's in each DomU and connect them
via the relevant bridge to the external connection.

Assuming that xenbr0 => peth0, xenbr1 => peth1
You would configure the guest as:
vif = [ '...., bridge=xenbr0', '...., bridge=xenbr1']
The '...' is the usual setup for a network card, such as
mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx and possibly "type=ioemu" if you are using HVM
guests.

In the guest you'd obviously need to configure the network cards (or
have a DHCP server to set them up that way from the outside) so that the
network is routed the right way, but there's absolutely no problem with
the principle of this operation [the routing is of course exactly the
same problem as you'd have if you use two network card in a PHYSICAL
machine].

--
Mats