[Xen-users] Xen 3.1.0 initrd and kernel building

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1.0 initrd and kernel building
From: amin <amin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:13:55 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:12:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, had a few problems with using xen:

First:
built a xen from source (tgz) and make dist ... then made initrd with mkinitrd and modules=all in the mkinitrd.conf -> initrd.img was 14mb and set it up in the grub with module /initrd....

on boot it loads the initrd like:

but then NO MODULES in the initrd are being loaded by the kernel, though initrd support is in the kernel, and the kernel states kernel panic (because no sata or raid modules are being loaded).

Second:
Built a kernel with sata support and everything and make 2.6-xen-build and 2.6-xen-install --->
Dom0 differs from xen on boot ...
saved a .config from the kernel , make mrproper, make dist, put .config in kernel path, make dist again...
-> xen stated failure in kernel package and asked me to run make mrproper...

so is this called stable or what ?

Greetz anyway,
Amin