RE: [Xen-users] Do xen support differencing disk image?

To: "Barney" <barney@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Do xen support differencing disk image?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:04:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:02:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is a "snapshot" variable in the config options, but I don't know
if it works as I've never used it. Nor do I know exactly HOW it's meant
to work (aside from if you set it to zero it's off, and if you set it to
one [or any non-zero value, I expect] it's on).

A quick "grep" through the sources seem to indicate that this is only
available for HVM-mode where qemu-dm is used for the disk-access, but I
can't say absolutely for sure, as it may be more complicated than that.
[The "snapshot" variable is stored in the xenstore, so it may be that
the blkback driver is reasing xenstore and deciding to do things
"differently" when it's got the snapshot setting].

--
Mats