[Xen-users] Anyone done Live Migration on Xen 3.1 with 32-bit HVM Guests

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Anyone done Live Migration on Xen 3.1 with 32-bit HVM Guests
From: Johan van de Groenendaal <worldlycitizen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:42:51 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:41:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have set up 2 systems running Xen with NFS. We are able to live migrate Vista and Fedora6 HVM guests. However, we are unable to connect to the guest VM once migrated. We have run network traces and see no network activity from the guests
and they fail to response to ping.

In addition we are unable to bring up the local console. It complains that /dev/pty/? does not exist. The xen log files don't indicate any problems. It should be noted that no qemulog is created for the migrated VM.

We tried doing a save and then restore on the second machine to no avail. Does anyone have some suggestions on what to look for?

Johan