[Xen-users] windows drivers for xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] windows drivers for xen
From: Empanadilla <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:06:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:00:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I'm trying to virtualize Windows XP 64 bits under Xen. Host operating system
is Debian Etch.It is working fine but the performance is not really good due
to the hardware emulation. I have heard xen needs special paravirtualized
windows drivers to work with a really good performance. I tried to install
the drivers who are coming with xen-express but it's not working. After a
little surfing I found out these drivers are only working with the commercial
xen versions.

Does anyone know the problem? Is there a smart solution which makes possible
having a windows vm under debian?

Thanks a lot.
Greetings,
Empanadilla