Re: [Xen-users] Unable to access network after installing Xen 3.1

To: Arie Goldfeld <arik.goldfeld@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Unable to access network after installing Xen 3.1
From: "John T. Yocum" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 01:57:28 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 01:56:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Arik,

What do the configs for the domU's look like? I've got a system running CentOS 5, with the included version of Xen, and haven't had any problems with network access.

Here's an example config from one of my working domU's.

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5xen"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.18-8.1.3.el5xenU.img"
memory = "1024"
vcpus = "8"
name = "cp"
vif = ['bridge=xenbr0,mac=00:16:3e:01:01:01']
disk = ['phy:hn1/cpRoot,sda1,w',
        'phy:hn1/cpHsphere,sda2,w',
        'phy:hn1/cpSwap,sda3,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

--John

Arie Goldfeld wrote:
John,
I have another problem, maybe you could help me out with it. I use CentOS x86_64 built-in Xen; the two Dom0 NICs work all right, but the guest domains cannot connect to the network. I can't figure out what is the problem...
I have two guests:
- FC6 fully virtualized
- CEntOS 4.5 paravirtualized
Thanks,