Re: [Xen-users] Specifying Kernel Parameters

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Specifying Kernel Parameters
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 03:52:26 +0100
Cc: Dominik Klein <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:50:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Dominik Klein wrote:
> You can put "extra='...'" in your config file. These options will be
> passed to domU as if typed on the boot prompt of lilo/grub.

> > Hi,
> >    I need to specify Kernel Parameters for a domU through the domU
> > config file. Is this possible ? If yes, will these parameters get
> > reflected in '/etc/sysctl.conf' ?

Kernel parameters would get added into sysctl.conf.

The kind of things you can configure in the domain config file are analogous
to those options you'd put in grub.conf/menu.lst - they don't affect what's
in sysctl.conf.

You can either:
a) just change sysctl.conf to make the settings you want, as you would for
a "real" system
b) add parameters to the extra= variable in the domain config file so that
those parameters are always passed to the domain in boot
c) use pygrub to start the domain, and put the parameters in your domain's
grub.conf/menu.lst just like you would on a real system.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!