RE: [Xen-users] Automatic Loadbalancing via migration --live

To: "Denny Schierz" <linuxmail@xxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Automatic Loadbalancing via migration --live
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:46:44 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 02:45:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

May I just suggest that you consider using Python instead of Perl - this
is not an attempt to create a "Perl vs. Python" war [there's plenty
enough discussion elsewere on which is better for what reason], rather
that Python is already necessary to run Xen, so why not stick to the
same language that it's already using?

It's probably also easier to hack the Python scripts into the existing
Xen project.

By the way, I'd have a look at the Xen "products" (XenExpress, XenServer
and XenEnterprise - all of which are exactly the same binaries, but with
different (enforced!) restrictions in the licensing), I think there may
be automatic load-balancing already in this product. XenExpress is
available at no-cost, but limited to 4 domains and 4GB per machine.

--
Mats