Re: [Xen-users] ARP problem with two bridges

To: Robert Long <rlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] ARP problem with two bridges
From: Mike Wright <xktnniuymlla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:26:11 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:24:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert Long wrote:
Hello all,

I'm having a very weird problem with a Xen server and one of the NICs on
that server.  The eth1 interface on the server behaves normally, I can
send and receive packets normally, I get ARP requests - everything is
happy.  On eth0 however, I do not get ARP requests, or for that matter,
anything sent to a broadcast address - but I can send out ARP broadcasts
and get back replies all day long.   This happens in both the Dom0 and
well as the DomU's.    I've gone over the switch configs and both ports
are configured the same, nothing remarkably different about the vlans.
Does anyone have any ideas?  I searched and the only thing I really
found was setting LANG="C" in the scripts, which I did but still to no
effect.  If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks
in advance,

.r'

# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif1.0
                                                        peth0
                                                        vif0.0
xenbr1          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif1.1
                                                        peth1
                                                        vif0.1

# iptables -nL
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination ACCEPT all -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 PHYSDEV
match --physdev-in vif1.0

I see that the above FORWARD rule only covers one of your interfaces. You can use a wildcard, "+", to cover all of them, e.g.

  iptables -A FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in vif+ -j ACCEPT

Maybe that will help.

:m)