Re: [Xen-users] Trixbox on Xen

Hi

I have trixbox running under xen.  On both a sarge Dom0 and a new Ubuntu
7.04 Server xen install.

The process is something like this.

1) Get the trixbox vmware image from www.trixbox.org
2) Follow a version of this process at this URL to create a image that xen
will like

http://contrib.lynuxsolutions.com/doku.php?id=documentation:convert_vmware_image_to_xen
3) Mount  the 2nd partition on that disk to a directory called mnt2
      lomount -t ext3 -diskimage newtrixboximage.img -partition 2 ./mnt2
4) Create a blank virtual image disk and mkfs.ext3  to it  with something
like this
    dd if=/dev/zero of=trixbox.img bs=1k seek=6144k count=1
    mount -o loop trixbox.img mnt
5) copy files from old image to new image
     cp -rp mnt2/*  mnt
6) Edit mnt/etc/fstab to look something like this...

/dev/sda1               /                       ext3    defaults 1 1
#/dev/sda2               none                    swap    sw       0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults 0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults 0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults 0 0

7) Create a xen conf file something like this...

# This works for Ubuntu Feisty  7.04 Server xen
kernel = "/boot//vmlinuz-2.6.19-4-server"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd.img-2.6.19-4-server"
builder='linux'
vcpus = 1
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
name = "trixbox"
memory = 128
disk=['file:/PATH_TO_IMAGE/trixbox.img,sda1,w']
#maybe add some swap in...  You need to create this blank swap disk too
#,'file:/data/virtual-machines/trixbox/trixbox.swap,sda2,w']

8) the other files you may want to update are just IP settings and
resolv.conf
9) umount mnt; umount mnt2
10) xm create -c trixbox.conf

other than downloading and copying files... this process can be pretty
quick.

Regards,
Xen