Re: [Xen-users] extra = "mem=1024" and maxmem

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] extra = "mem=1024" and maxmem
From: Denny Schierz <linuxmail@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:55:36 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 May 2007 05:55:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

first: i'm really sorry for my very later answer, but i had a lot of
work :-).

Petersson, Mats schrieb:

>> Otherwise it wasn't working for me.

> Describe what wasn't working, please.

i tried to expand the memory from DOmU on the fly, without need to
reboot the guest.

actually i have in my setup:

memory = 128
maxmem = "512"

i can shrink the memory from Dom-0 to get enough free to assign it to
the VM. After that i set the memory from Dom-U to the "maxmem" (512MB)
and i can see it in xentop, that it was working, but in the Dom-U i see
only the 128MB. Only after a reboot the VM get the full 512MB.

What is also strange, if i shrink the mem of dom-0 and assign it do
Dom-U, "xm info" shows the complete free memory, which i assigned to the
guest. Strange, isn't it?

What i want is to expand the memory on the fly, without the needing of a
reboot and i swear that it _was_ working with extra = "mem=512M", but
now i don't get it working again :-/

cu denny