RE: [Xen-users] Changing the CD image on a running domain.

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Changing the CD image on a running domain.
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 22:19:17 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 May 2007 05:17:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay... figured it out. For the benefit of anyone else:

'xm block-list <domain>' will tell you the device number of the devices
in the system (the first number is the one you want).

'xm block-detach <domain> <device number>' will detach the device from
the system. I had to add '-f' to the end to force the case.

r' will add a cdrom back in, eg:

'xm block-attach cromac
file:/installmedia/Microsoft/SBS2K3R2_x32_2_std.iso 1600 r'

added the device back in. 1600 is hex for 5632 which is what 'xm
block-list' gave me. Not sure why block-attach has to be specified in
hex but block-list gives you decimal and block-detach accepts decimal.

Under windows I had to right click on the drive and select 'eject' a few
times, and then wait a bit for it to acknowledge the new cdrom image.
Not sure I'd be comfortable doing it on a writable filesystem.

If there's a better way to do it, please let me know!!!

James