RE: [Xen-users] Windows guest boot from CD

To: "Mohammad Zohny" <mohamad.zohny@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Windows guest boot from CD
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:20:49 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:19:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just modify the config file "boot='dc'" (to boot from CDROM) and then
add "disk=[...., '<cdrom-location>,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,w']")

If you use the physical location of the CDROM (such as
"phy:/dev/cdrom"), you can just remove the CDROM from the drive when the
Windows VM reboots. If you use a ISO-image then you'd need to change the
"boot=" line to not have "d" first.

--
Mats