[Xen-users] Xen HD performance

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen HD performance
From: Sami Dalouche <skoobi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 22:12:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:10:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Can anyone point me to some information about the behaviour of Xen
concerning Disk I/O.

What happens on my computer is that whenever I activate Xen, the I/O
capability of my hard drives is divided by the number of Xen virtual
machines.

So, if I use the disk as much as possible on one VM, the other VMs don't
seem affected. I guess this can be seen as a feature, but I am wondering
whether it is possible to tweak this behaviour.

I'd like to reserve *some* I/O for the other VMs, but if they are idle,
I'd like one VMs to take the unused resources.
Is that possible ?

Thanks for your help,
Sami Dalouche