[Xen-users] Xen Linux Kernel Patching

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Linux Kernel Patching
From: "Jürgen Franz" <Joey.F@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 15:21:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 May 2007 06:19:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Xen Users!

I wanted to ask you something about custom xen kernel-creation and would be
grateful for your answers. As I like to use current vanilla releases of the
linux kernel and Xen officially uses the 2.6.16 series, but there are some more
recent distirbution-kernels with Xen-support around (e.g. Debian, Fedora 7...)
I was wondering whether integrating Xen in a newer kernel could be very
difficult.

Yet I found almost nothing in Xen Docs about that topic, few around around the
web (missed something like a "Xen Kernel Patching HOWTO") and had no success
trying it on my own. So, is there an 'easy' way of creating a current,
customized, xen-dom0 linux-kernel - without completely rewriting the official
xen kernel patches (which seem not to work with newer versions)?

Regards,
Joey F.