[Xen-users] Help needed with /dev related problems in Xen guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Help needed with /dev related problems in Xen guest
From: "Frank Church" <voipfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:41:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:39:57 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=GAp39MnGgA2R6dmtQflndfdx++vCfiNtx27quB53eRCekWIYgUeNesPwv/uKvaTJd2iGlB1tOA1o5FMriC5qiK0hRKKXkDllwj8BbVRcsJ3kHHpGnEjH3EL4USsiIHLD9rM2xUUT6rPgNJd4/HmjYnf1mAWWlHOa1al0sb1nSPM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am having some problems running gnome terminal in an FC6 Xen guest I
downloaded from jailtime.org,

I don't know whether it is due to the host configuration or not. I think it is
because of the image itself. I transferred VMware images for Centos
4.4 to Xen and it works okay on that host.

This is the error when I try to run gnome terminal

"There was an error creating the child process for this terminal"

and it appears that some /dev related devices are not created
properly. /dev/pts is definitely not created.

I also have  to chmod o+rw /dev/null, /dev/random and /dev/urandom in
rc.local to get some things to work properly after I reboot.

Googling indicates that some entries relating to CONFIG_UNIX98_XXX
values related to the kernel have to be adapted to get things to work
properly. Where can I do this?

Are there some MAKEDEV related entries that I have to edit as well?