Re: [Xen-users] Re: network settings

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 10:47 +0200, Marco Mandl wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:48:35 +0800, Tim Post wrote:
>
> > You should be fine, provided xen-br0 was setup correctly on dom-0. Do
> > this via ifconfig xen-br0 on dom-0 and ensure it shows the right IP /
> > etc.
>
> Tim,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer.
>
> Just to make sure I understand it correctly. I replace eth0 with xen-br0
> in interfaces of dom0 and add a disabling entry for eth0 (adresse 0.0.0.0)

Opposite. In the dom-u, you replace xen-br0 with eth0.

On dom-0, you ensure that xen-br0 has the IP of whatever network
interface normally talks to the Internet, typically eth0.

If your install is typical, xend will
run /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge targeting eth0 to make it xen-br0
when it starts on boot. Likewise, if you stop xend, network-bridge
should restore eth0 to an un-bridged (not enslaved) state, putting it
back the way it was. You should not need to worry about dom-0.

> Then xen-br0 works like eth0 for dom0 like before but also provides the
> eth0 for the domUs.

Exactly. On dom-0, eth0 becomes br0, which backs eth0 on guests who have
vifs attached to it.

Hope this helps.
--Tim