Re: [Xen-users] 4gb seg fixup errors in Debian (usual hints don't seem t

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 4gb seg fixup errors in Debian (usual hints don't seem to work)
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:16:52 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:15:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 01:34:20PM +0200, Fermín Galán Márquez wrote:
> 4gb seg fixup, process syslogd (pid 1107), cs:ip 73:b7efc5f0

[...]

> host:~# dpkg -l | grep xen | cut -c 1-56 | grep ii
> ii  libc6-xen                       2.3.6.ds1-13

Have you rebooted since you installed libc6-xen?  Installing
libc6-xen fixes this for me on Debian Etch, on several machines.
But any binaries you had running from before you installed libc6-xen
will be still using the old TLS libs until you restart them (or
reboot).

Bear in mind also that init (pid 1) will be statically linked
against the old libs so you will always see warnings for that one
process.

Cheers,
Andy