[Xen-users] puting a running win98 installation under control of xen - h

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] puting a running win98 installation under control of xen - hvm
From: Thilo Riessner <thilo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:19:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:18:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to run win98 under xen with intel VT technology. I made a hard
disk image from a working installation (which runs a software I don't want to
install again) an configured xen to use this image, using stdvga=0 and sdl=1.
It starts booting and shows the windows screen, but hangs up very soon. When
switching to the confirmation mode (pressing F8 to get the menu and then
select the confirmation mode), where you have to confirm every loading of the
next driver, it hangs when loading the himem.sys driver. Is it possible to
get win98 running under xen-hvm, if yes is it possible to convert a running
installation to run under xen (as I described above)?
Thanks for any help
Thilo