RE: [Xen-users] memory hotplug for guests?

To: "Tomasz Chmielewski" <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] memory hotplug for guests?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:01:36 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 04:00:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, for para-virtual domains you can use the "balloon driver" to do
this. Obviously, HVM-guests aren't (generally speaking) able to support
memory hotplug/unplug as readily (and the interface for these operations
are generally proprietary to the particular platform, and Xen doesn't
support this, AFAIK).

"xm mem-set domain amount" is the command for doing this in para-virtual
domains.

--
Mats