Re: [Xen-users] Status of "4GB byte count overflow hangs networking"

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Status of "4GB byte count overflow hangs networking"
From: Frank Schubert <f.schubert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:06:56 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:06:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I contacted Stephen Burke in private mail about his article and he has some
experiences I want to share with the list:

Stephen said he had not managed to fix the problem with the same
Xen/Kernel-Version, but mentioned that upgrading helped for himself.
(However no one else has verified that upgrading helps so far.)

One thing I think is important to mention is that he used Xen 3.0.2 from Debian
Backports. A colleague who was using 3.0.2 self-compiled did not see the 4GB
hang problems.

I use the official Xen 3.0.2-2 PAE binary version and have the 4GB hang
problems.

Today I will upgrade to 3.0.4. As the problem seem to be linked up with the
systems uptime I will report back in ~280days ;-)

Best Regards,
Frank

--
Frank Schubert
Systemadministration

HRB 77554 AG - Berlin-Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Alexander Biersack und Maya Biersack
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Oli Kai Paulus