Re: [Xen-users] Networking with more NIC's

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 02:48:18AM +0100, jez wrote:

> <snip/>
> > root@vm01:~# brctl show
> > bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> > xenbr1          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.1
> >                                                         peth0
>
> Your ifconfig says you've got two bridges xenbr0 and xenbr1 but the
> output of 'brctl show' says you only have one bridge. Can you double
> check this, thanks.

Okay, I should probably have read a little more between the lines from
your previous posts and just assumed that all you wanted to do was to
have you DomU interfaces bridged with eth0 on Dom0. You don't care
about eth1 or eth2 for the moment right?

Well, if that is what you want, the main problem you've got at the
moment is that there are two bridges and one of them doesn't even seem
to really exist. I honestly don't have a clue how this could happen, but
I can suggest something for you to try.

In the file /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, change:

    (network-script network-bridge)

    (network-script 'network-bridge bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0')

Reboot your server to give it a fresh start. Then check 'ifconfig' and
also 'brctl show' to see that there is only the one bridge, xenbr0. If
all looks well, then try to start a DomU.

cheers

jez