[Xen-users] Xen Data Backup or whole domU backup

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Data Backup or whole domU backup
From: "Radu Stanescu" <radukn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:00:30 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:59:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hy everybody!

I was wondering if anyone got my problem until now...
I have 2 servers with xen.
On each one i have 4 different domUs and still got some free space on their hdd.

I was wondering what solution would be best for the following 2 issues:

1.Daily Backup of important data from the domU machines (as in website, databases  and other important directories) on a different location (another domU dedicated for backup storage only)
2.Weekly Backup of whole domU images without stopping the domUs on a different location (another domU dedicated for backup storage only)

And the main ideea would be the domU dedicated for storing the backup to be on the other thar then the data (like all data backed-up from xen1 machine to be backed-up on a domU on xen2 machine and vice-versa)

Waiting for yours suggestions..

--
Radu Stanescu
radukn@xxxxxxxxx