RE: [Xen-users] Virtualization + CPU w/crypto acceleration instructions

To: "Molle Bestefich" <molle.bestefich@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <virtualization@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Virtualization + CPU w/crypto acceleration instructions
From: "Kraska, Joe A \(US SSA\)" <joe.kraska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:50:52 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:50:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This seems more like a developer question. You might try the xen-devel
list. Anyway, I believe that all hardware instructions on any x86 cpu
are supposed to be executable by arbitrary assembly. Those that cannot
be properly kernel trapped may experience performance loss, but I
think that's SUPPOSED to be the only limitation.

Would be nice if someone with exact knowledge chipped in, of course.

Joe.