RE: [Xen-users] booting an ISO inside Xen (full virt)

To: jasuarez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] booting an ISO inside Xen (full virt)
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:52:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:51:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do this all the time, either directly from the CD/DVD or ISO files, and it
works fine. [My work is with HVM mode of Xen, which essentially means that I
have to install "unpatched" OS's all the time, so I install XP, Win2K3, SuSE,
etc, etc every now and again - even "Memtest86" works in Xen HVM if you like
(at least it did a while back)].

> When i try to boot the DomU i dont have nothing, nothing
> relevant (for me) in logs and i can connect to the console.
> The state of the DomU is unknow. Any help please? i'm going crazy.
>
> xm list output:
>
> peggy xen # xm list
> Name                                      ID   Mem VCPUs
> State   Time(s)
> Domain-0                                   0  1195     2
> r-----   8671.1
> centos                                    44   128     1
> -b----    106.8
> general_100.28                            40   256     1
> -b----     12.9
> iso                                       45   256     1
>
> Yes, the ISo works, i tryed with different distros (ubuntu,
> gentoo, etc) and Yes i can mount the ISO in a loop device w/o
> problems.

Can you see if the /var/log/xen/qemu*.log contais anything useful, likewise for
/var/log/xen/xend{,-debug}.log ?

--
Mats