RE: [Xen-users] Shared storage between Domu's

To: "Niv Elad" <NIVE@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Shared storage between Domu's
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:35:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:34:45 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, but if you actually want to write to the file-system, you will need
a cluster-file-system that "tolerates" multiple writers to the same
file-system. Most filesystems assume that there can only be writes from
one origin, and thus that the writes are "synchronized" by the writer.
In a cluser-file-system, this is not assumed, and thus there are
mechanisms in the filesystem to cope with multiple writes from different
machines (or such).

I'm not an expert on cluster file systems, but google turns up:
OCFS, GFS and Lustre amongst some other things.

For a very "easy" but not optimal solution, you may want to set up an
NFS mount and let the guests use that - NFS isn't a cluster file system,
but it allows multiple machines to write to the same "disk". (because
it's sequentialized through the NFS daemno).

--
Mats