[Xen-users] Re: dom0 freezes under high IO load

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: dom0 freezes under high IO load
From: bigfoot29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:08:27 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:08:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hmmm... my settings aren't so much different...

free -m
Mem:           342        325         16          0         63         16
-/+ buffers/cache:        245         96
Swap:          486          0        486

uptime
11:45:34 up 1 day, 14:04,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

uname -a
Linux domain.local 2.6.16.33-xen0-8 #4 SMP Sat Jan 20 22:16:05 CET 2007
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Samba is just running at the backup system, not at the mastersystem.
Load is empty cuz I am doing problem research at mastersystem (4 GB Ram).
Swap is not deactivated, but just boosts the crash risk in case the system
uses swap. The problem also persists over various CPUs (all AMD A64 AM2),
RAM and mainboards. - It just locks up sometimes without warning. (eg when
creating a big file inside a VM)

Are you using pre-built or individual kernels?

Memtest worked without any problems and heat isn't the problem as well
(datacenter and temperature measurement didn't bring temperatures that
should alert)

I would love to see the stability back I have had in the past, but I don't
know any more where to search for bugs. (hardware or software wise)

Regards, Bigfoot29